Saturday, November 3, 2007

AN ODE TO MY ANGEL

Written by Grandma Marge 10/16/95
I served as a nanny granny for my Texas Granddaughter from the time she was one month old to the time she was eight. Those years were the happiest years of my life. But she was a typical two year old! LOL


Taking a walk with Dillon
Such a darling -- she's so sweet.
I'm such a lucky grandma--
DILLON! GET OUT OF THE STREET!!

Building sand castles together
Ours are the tallest in the land.
She is so creative --
DILLON! DON'T EAT THE SAND!!

Fixing lunch for her is easy.
Bread and peanut butter is our staple.
She has such lovely manners--
DILLON! GET OFF OF THAT TABLE!!

Bath time is fun with bubbles.
She always asks for more.
I turn my back for one moment.--
HOW DID THAT WATER GET ON THE FLOOR?

Isn't she so precious?
Aren't we glad the bath is done?
She's so smart -- she can dress herself --
DILLON! LEAVE YOUR DIAPER ON!!

See that naked baby
Running down the street?
If I ever catch her.
SHE'S GONNA GET BEAT!! (figuratively speaking, of course)

Ahhh -- nap time for my Dillon
My favorite time to keep---
I've already read a hundred books.
DILLON! WILL YOU PLEASE GO TO SLEEP!!

I love that little angel.
Sleeping there so fine.
For a moment she is quiet--
NOW I CAN GET ON LINE!
~~~~

(C) by Margaret C. Arvanitis
Please give credit if you pass this on.

No comments: